Support is here
We’re here every step of the way...
Frequently asked questions
Bluebell is not a medical device. It is not intended for use as a medical device or to replace a medical device. It does not and is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate or prevent any disease or health condition or investigate, replace or modify any physiological process. The baby monitor is only intended to assist you in tracking your baby’s wellbeing, not to replace you as a caregiver. You are responsible for the health and wellbeing of your baby and following safe sleep, health, and care guidelines. Bluebell can pick up external movements and it is therefore not suitable for co-sleeping or bed-sharing or next-to-me cots. It is advisable not to use the Baby monitor when the baby is in motion, e.g. in a car seat or a stroller.
Because it isn't just a baby monitor. It monitors baby's breathing, temperature, crying, position, sleep and gives you real-time alerts on these - that's the monitoring part. But it also lets you track and follow your baby's routine, creates the perfect sleep environment with a gentle night light, lullabies/white noise and temperature and noise monitoring and gives you plenty of analysis and guidance. Plus it's also the only monitor out there that looks after parents too, with sleep, step and mood tracking for you!
It's a smart system controlled through an app that combines multiple products in one for you and your little one, making parenting so much simpler. So, if you think about it, by combining products that you'll need for your baby, you're actually saving money (and shopping time) by buying Bluebell. Let's break it down:
- A wearable breathing monitor - £155
- A standard audio/video monitor - £48
- Night light with temperature monitor - £30
- Lullaby and white noise player - £35
- Fitness tracker for you - £65
All of those products combined will have you spending a lot more than you would on Bluebell, and they still don't give you all of the features that our monitor does.
Rather than spending £350+ and wasting time shopping around, you can order your Bluebell monitor right now - so simple! And you have 45 days to return for any reason, so what have you got to lose?
Bend the strap of the Parent wristband back over (the opposite way to how you would wear it on your wrist) and hook it with the stud.
If needed, gently rotate it to make sure it clips in properly.
Click here to see an example.
- With your monitor, you can plan your day and get reminders for things like feeds, bath time, bed time, etc. to get into a consistent daily routine.
- You can also track routine activities (nappy changes, feeds, medication, etc.) easily on either your Mobile app or Parent wristband (no more fiddling with notepads or spreadsheets!).
- Bluebell automatically tracks your baby's and your sleep, and the Smart hub helps you create the perfect sleeping environment with a night light, lullabies/white noise and temperature and noise monitoring.
- Getting baby into a consistent routine is a major step in improving their sleep, as it creating a comfortable sleeping environment.
- Once they're sleeping better, you can too as you won't need to get up as much. The monitoring and real-time alerts also help to give you peace of mind, meaning less worry and more sleep.
- The monitor is designed to be easy to use in a way that suits your parenting style and changing needs. The whole product is designed to inform you in an easy and intuitive way with easy to understand info.
- As parents ourselves, we know that the challenges you face will change regularly - from worrying about your baby’s temperature to how many nappies they have been through in a day. So you can customise which alerts you want to receive and their thresholds.
- You can also choose which routine activities you want to track and how, giving you full control.
- Yes, you can change what alerts you get and the thresholds for these. Simply use your Mobile app to customise what alerts you get and how you get them.
- On your Parent wristband, you can set different modes (on, off and flight) to change how it works.
- We make this very difficult to happen by giving you alerts on both the Parent wristband and Mobile app
- On the Parent wristband, the alerts are both visual and vibrations. They continue for up to five minutes until confirmed, making them very difficult to miss.
- And if you don’t confirm and the reason for the alert continues, it will alert you again.
- If you confirm an alert and the reason for the alert is still ongoing (e.g. baby has a temperature), then it can be still be seen on both the Parent wristband and Mobile app, but you won’t keep getting alerts.
- It's not a replacement for an adult's supervision or care, as young babies need constant supervision for their safety. Safe sleep guidelines from bodies like Lullaby Trust, NHS, American Academy of Paediatrics recommend that your baby sleeps in the same room as you/parent/carer for the first 6 months.
- Unlike audio/video monitors, which are mainly helpful to monitor your baby while you are in another room, Bluebell is designed to be helpful even when you are with your baby by helping you care for both them and yourself.
- Safe sleep guidelines advise against co-sleeping.
- The Bluebell monitor not meant to be a replacement for adult supervision and care. It’s designed to support you in confidently caring for your baby and yourself.
- When you are room-sharing with baby (but not co-sleeping), the monitoring of breathing, skin temperature, room temperature, no breathing movement alert, and baby rolled-over on tummy alerts will still be helpful for your reassurance and peace of mind.
- Note that if you are co-sleeping, it can pick-up external movement from you or other movements, so a few alerts could be inaccurate such as the breathing monitoring and no-breathing alerts.
- The other non-monitoring related benefits (routine tracking, sleep tracking, night-light and lullabies and support for your own well-being) will still be helpful for you, regardless of your sleeping arrangements with baby.
- It alerts you only when you're needed
- It monitors things like baby's breathing, skin temperature, crying, sleep, room temperature, etc. - things you can’t get from an audio or video monitor.
- It also works as an audio monitor that can be used to listen in to baby’s room and talk to them if you need to.
- We know you already have your hands full, so it's a more convenient, reliable, hands-free way of monitoring.
- You'll get visual and vibration alerts straight to it, whatever you are doing and wherever you go.
- As parents ourselves, we know that parenting can be challenging and you need looking after too. So, it tracks and analyses your sleep, steps and activity levels to understand and support your wellbeing.
Yes. The Parent wristband can be switched between users for baby monitoring purposes, if you need. But if you want to monitor your sleep and activity properly, it’s better if only one parent wears it or you alternate for long periods of time.
- When you're at home, you can use them together without the Parent wristband (as long as your Wi-Fi connection is OK).
- If your Wi-Fi connection is poor, isn't working, or you go out of the house, the Baby monitor and Parent wristband will connect through Thread connectivity, so you will need the Parent wristband for this.
- The Parent wristband gives a hassle-free, convenient way of monitoring, freeing you up from having to carry anything else, including your mobile, plus it tracks your sleep and steps, so it definitely has its benefits.
- You'll be able to connect multiple Parent wristband in the future (and multiple Baby monitors).
- If you’re interested in this, sign up to our newsletter and we'll let you know as soon as they’re available.
- They can download their own version of the Mobile app and you can add them to your family account, to share care of your little one.
- As the primary account owner, you can also delete those no longer involved in baby’s care (e.g. if a nanny leaves).
We offer super speedy delivery:
- Orders placed before 2pm will be processed the same day and delivered within 48 hours, Monday to Saturday
- Friday, weekend and bank-holiday orders will be processed the next working day.
- If you'd like to receive your order closer to your date, just let us know us by emailing email@example.com. Then we can make sure that you can fully use your 45-days satisfaction guaranteed period.
- We know that parents will be prepping for baby long before they're due, so you love it or return it within 45 day guarantee won't start until you start using your monitor.
- So, you can return for any reason within 45 days of the first use of your system (so hold off setting up until baby arrives, or just before they arrive!).
- Of course - we offer a 45-day make-you-happy guarantee. Return for any reason (just make sure to keep your proof of purchase) by contacting our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free returns exclusions apply for Northern Ireland, some areas in the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands, where you might need to pay a small return charge.
- Request a refund any time before your order's arrived and we'll give you a full refund within 28 days.
- Simply email our customer care team with your order number and reason for the request at email@example.com.
- We offer a 45-day make-you-happy guarantee.
- Return for any reason (just make sure to keep your proof of purchase) by emailing our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of purchase.
- We'll give you a full refund within 7 days after item has been returned us.
Faulty product exchange policy
- If your product develops a fault within 45 days of it being delivered, we'll be happy to exchange it for any reason.
- If your product develops a fault after 45 days of it being delivered, we'll repair or exchange it following the T&Cs of our warranty policy. See our terms.
- Simply email our customer care team at email@example.com with proof of purchase, and we'll help you out.
How to return your Smart baby monitor:
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with return reason and proof of purchase.
- Our customer care team will approve your request and email you a return note.
- Put your monitor in its original packaging along with the return note, then put that in a parcel bag (you'll have to use your own parcel bag)
- DPD or DHL will collect you parcel (they will bring the returns label so you don't need to print it)
- Make sure to ask for a receipt as proof of return.
- Once we’ve received your returned parcel, we’ll send you a confirmation email.
- We'll only process your refund once the item has been returned and checked by our specialist; this can take up to 7 days.
- Yes, delivery's free in the UK, except for Northern Ireland, some areas in the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands where you might need to pay a small delivery charge.
- You'll be shown this charge at the checkout and it won't be more than £5.
Currently, our Smart baby monitor is only available to order in the UK (sorry!). If you're based outside the UK, simply sign up to our newsletter and we'll let you know as soon as we launch in other countries.
If you decide to buy a Bluebell Smart baby monitor second hand, you may encounter some issues:
- It will still be registered to the family who bought it, so it's very likely that you won't be able to use it.
- The warranty will no longer be valid (it's only valid for the original purchaser).
To make sure you don't run into these issues, always make sure you purchase your monitor from us or one of our trusted retail partners.
Very low radiation
- The Baby monitor has very low radiation and is approved as safe to use.
- We've also worked to reduce radiation levels by using Thread technology which lets it “sleep” when not sending information.
- Both the Baby monitor and Parent wristband have fully enclosed, water resistant casing (with IP67 rating, which means it is protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes).
- You should probably avoid submerging it in water though.
Information is kept safe and secure
- The Baby monitor, Parent wristband and Smart hub form a closed, secure, encrypted network when you first set them up.
- The Smart hub sends encrypted data to the cloud, where it is stored using an in-built, secure system. And the cloud only sends encrypted data securely to the Mobile app.
- The monitor provides reliable connectivity over long distances up to 30 meters.
- It uses Thread technology, like other smart home devices. This offers a longer range (up to 60 meters) reliable and secure network to keep the Baby monitor and Parent wristband connected safely and reliably without a Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection.
- It's not supposed to be chewed, but babies will be babies, so if they do accidentally put it in their mouth, there are no harmful coatings or materials used.
- The monitor has also been designed to be choke proof.
- The Bluebell Smart baby monitor is not a medical device therefore has not been approved by doctors. It is not intended to be used as a medical device or as an alternative to a medical device for diagnosis, prevention, treatment or monitoring of any disease or injury. For any concerns about your baby’s health, please contact a healthcare professional for advice.
- The Bluebell Smart baby monitor is a consumer device intended to support and to track your baby’s and your wellbeing, routine and understand trends and insights based on the information collected.
The Bluebell Smart baby monitor is not meant as a replacement for adult supervision and care of the baby, or as a professional medical diagnosis or care when baby is unwell. It can be used to support you caring for your baby and yourself by tracking your baby’s and your well-being, and insights can be shared with healthcare professionals, when needed.
- As with any other available monitoring solution, Bluebell does not prevent cot death (also known as SIDS) and should not be relied upon to do so. Bluebell is not intended to replace your adult supervision and care.
- Research (so far) has not found any particular reason for SIDS and it is likely to be a combination of factors. However, research has identified a number of risk factors that are clearly outlined in the Safe Sleep Guide from The Lullaby Trust and other experts. Bluebell can detect some of these risk factors: if your baby has turned onto its tummy, room temperature and/or your baby being too hot or cold. It also alerts you if no breathing movement is detected for up to 20 seconds.
Bluebell’s Baby monitor is designed to be used from birth to up to 2 years of age.
- It's lightweight and soft, and designed so that it doesn't get in the way.
- We have tested the Baby monitor with babies at different ages, including babies older than one year, who at times slept on their tummy. We did not observe any discomfort experienced by the babies we monitored.
- The Baby monitor's been designed so it can be worn 24/7, but it's not necessary for them to wear it at all times.
- When the Baby monitor's not worn, you're alerted so that you're aware.
- If you don't want baby to wear the monitor and don't want to get these alerts, you can switch notifications off on your app and Parent wristband.
- But the more the Baby monitor is worn, the more info it can collect to help you understand baby’s wellbeing and routine.
- The Baby monitor attachment is designed to be secure if attached properly, using a special mechanism.
- But if it does come loose, don't worry. The system detects that it's not being worn and alerts you.
- Yes, both the Baby monitor and Parent wristband have fully enclosed, water resistant casing (with IP67 rating, which means it is protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes).
- We do advise that they are not submerged in water though.
- Connectivity between the Baby monitor, Parent wristband and Smart hub is through Thread (2.4 GHz).
- The Smart hub uses Wi-Fi to connect to the secure cloud using your home Wi-Fi.
- The Bluebell Smart baby monitor is designed to provide reliable connectivity over long distances up to 30 meters.
- It uses a mesh networking technology called Thread, like that used in other smart home devices. This offers a longer range (up to 60 meters) reliable and secure network to keep the Baby monitor, Parent wristband and Smart hub connected safely and reliably without the need for a Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection.
- Yes, the Baby monitor and Parent wristband continue to work together when you leave the house and are out of range of the Smart hub.
- All info collected from the Parent wristband and Baby monitor will update on your Mobile app when you are back in range of the Smart hub and have a Wi-Fi connection.
- When you use your devices outside home, the Parent wristband will use up more battery power (will last for up to 16 hours depending on use). So, you'll probably want to charge it when you get back home.
- Please note that it might take few minutes after leaving the house before the Parent wristband and Baby monitor resume their connection.
- If you go away, you can easily take the sleek and compact Smart hub with you and connect it to a secure local Wi-Fi, to use your monitor wherever you are.
- Bluebell’s Baby monitor, Parent wristband and Smart hub form a closed, secure, encrypted network when you first set them up.
- The Smart hub sends encrypted data to the cloud, where it is stored using an in-built, secure system. Similarly, the cloud only sends encrypted data securely to the Mobile app.
- We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you under the terms of contract we have with you to be able to provide you the products or services as per the contract.
- We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- If you opt-in for our newsletter or register your interest, we will use your email to provide you information about other products, services and support as part of the Bluebell Smart Monitoring System.
- Bluebell currently offers official support for iOS 10.0 or later and Android 7.0 or later.
- We may look into other operating systems in future. Please send us an email at email@example.com if this would interest you.