Privacy & Cookies: Our promises
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure.
So you’re clued up, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
The Bluebell products, Bluebell Website www.bluebellbabymonitor.com (the Website) and Bluebell mobile application (the Bluebell App) (together with the Website form the Bluebell Platforms) are operated by Connido Limited (”we” or “our” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10011792 and our registered office is Accelerator, 35 Kingsland Road, London, England, E2 8AA.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us (including information about your children) such as name, address, contact information, DOB, payment information, health data, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering on the Bluebell Platforms, purchasing and using the Bluebell products or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions, the choices you make and the products and features you use, and can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name (or that of your children), email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly if you have a question relating to processing of payment data.
Health Data: We will collect health data about you and your children including date of birth, due date, height, weight, skin temperature, breathing rate, sleep activity, breast feeding data, mood mapping, medications and physical activity.
Location data: We may collect location data of your device, this feature can be switched off in your settings in your device.
Photos, videos and milestones: We may store any photos, videos and milestones which you upload into the Bluebell app.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit the Bluebell Platforms.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the the Bluebell Platforms. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use the Bluebell Platforms and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Bluebell Platforms, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Information collected from other Sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, due date, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via the Bluebell Platforms for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Obligations"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications with your Consent. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see "Your Privacy Rights" below).
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Obligations and/or possibly Contractual. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfil and manage your orders for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We may post testimonials on the Bluebell Platforms that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your written consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Administer prize draws and competitions for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of the Bluebell Platforms.
- To protect the Bluebell Platforms for Business Purposes and/or Legal Obligations. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep the Bluebell Platforms safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your consent. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Obligations and/or possibly Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Obligations. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our the Bluebell Platforms, Bluebell products, services, marketing and your experience.
In Short: We only share information to comply with laws, to protect your rights, fulfil our business obligations to you or with your consent.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the the Bluebell Platforms, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the the Bluebell Platforms over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. Provided you have given us Consent to do so we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Bluebell Platforms) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Bluebell Platforms, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Bluebell Platforms in perpetuity.
In Short: Currently our servers are located in within the European Union (EU) and we use Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS); and we use MailChimp to provide email services, FreshWorks to provide the Bluebell Family Forum (Bluebell’s customer service portal) and CrazyEgg to understand our customer’s interaction with the Bluebell Platforms.
Your personal information will be routed through, and stored on AWS servers. AWS has obtained approval from EU data protection authorities of the AWS data processing agreement and model clauses so that all AWS customers can use AWS in full compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/45/EC). For more information, see here. If the location of our servers change in the future, we will update this Policy. You should review our Policy regularly to keep informed of any updates.
Your personal information may be shared with MailChimp (operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC) to provide email services. MailChimp are EU/USA Privacy Shield registered. For more information, see here.
Your personal information may be shared with Fresh Desk (operated by FreshWorks Inc) to provide the Bluebell Family Forum. For more information, see here.
Your interaction with the Bluebell Platforms may be recorded or analyzed (“Recorded Interactions”) by CrazyEgg to improve the Bluebell Platforms and your experience of using Bluebell Platforms. CrazyEgg acts as data processor on our behalf. CrazyEgg does not knowingly collect personal information. For more information, see here.
We partner with Bazaar Voice a third party data processor for the purpose of collecting feedback about our services and products. Bazaar Voice are our review generators and are acting on our behalf. They are only permitted to use your data to request a review from you. They will only use your contact details for market research and not use them for any other purpose. For more information, see here.
There is the potential that your information could be transferred to the US, if it is then we will take all reasonable steps to ensure it is protected, please see below for more details. If you do not want your personal information to be transferred to a server located in the United States, you should not provide us with your personal information or use the Bluebell Platforms or services
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own but will take all reasonable steps to ensure it is protected.
To the extent that any personal information is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or who will access the information from outside the EEA, we will ensure that approved safeguards are in place, such as the approved standard EU model contract clauses or the EU/US Privacy Shield.
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who feature or advertise, but are not affiliated with, the Bluebell Platforms.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from the Bluebell Platforms is at your own risk. You should only access our services within a secure environment.
In Short: Yes, the nature of the Bluebell products means we will collect information about children. We take steps to ensure any information collected is secure. You should only register on the Bluebell Platform if you are over 18 years of age and the parent or legal guardian of any children that you will be sharing any personal information about. We do not knowingly market to children under 18 years of age.
The nature of the Bluebell products means we will be collecting personal information about children. By signing up to the Bluebell Platform you represent you are over 18 years and that you are the parent or legal guardian of any children that you are providing personal information about. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any information you share with us is kept securely. If we learn that a registered use is under 18 years of age, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. We do not knowingly market to children under 18 years of age.
In Short: In some regions, such as the EEA you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address set out below . We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the EEA and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html
- You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our terms and/or comply with legal requirements.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us at email@example.com. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Bluebell Platforms.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- Updating your preferences by clicking the links in any marketing emails or newsletter you receive from us
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws, if the update is going to have a material impact on you we will tell you.