Tested, trusted and recommended
It monitors baby's breathing, skin temperature, crying, sleep, room temperature - things you can’t get from an audio or video monitor. It provides number of different alerts to help parents. Parents can use the tracked information to understand baby's wellbeing and routine, however it is not intended to be used for diagnosing or preventing any illness; and for monitoring sick babies. It also works as an audio monitor that can be used to listen in to baby’s room and talk to them if you need to.
Bluebell monitor clips on to baby's vest and moniitors baby's skin temperature. The Bluebell app shows an average temperature reading over last 15 minutes (not spot temperature) and gives alerts if temperature is higher or lower than the expected range for healthy babies. However, Bluebell is not a medical device. It is designed to be worn comfortably by the baby, threfore the skin termperature reading can be influenced by closeness of contact between the baby and the baby monitor. So, it can give false positive or false negative temperature readings and parents should always check the baby's temperature with a medical grade thermometer (ideally an in-ear thermometer).
Bluebell monitors and tracks your baby's sleep, so you will know from day to day, how much sleep your little one is getting both day and night. This can be very helpful in creating a routine that works for your baby and supports a healthy sleep regime. Similarly knowing their feeding times throughout the day will help to inform you of the feeds your baby may need at night.
Knowing that Bluebell will let you know when your baby needs you, through alerts to your app or parent wristband gives parents peace of mind, which in turn allows them to sleep better.
For those parents worrying that they will sleep through feeding time, you can set reminders on your Bluebell app, so you don't need to lie awake worrying.
- Yes, the Baby monitor and Parent wristband continue to work together when you leave the house and are out of range of the Smart hub.
- All info collected from the Parent wristband and Baby monitor will update on your Mobile app when you are back in range of the Smart hub and have a Wi-Fi connection.
- When you use your devices outside home, the Parent wristband will use up more battery power (will last for up to 16 hours depending on use). So, you'll probably want to charge it when you get back home.
- Please note that it might take few minutes after leaving the house before the Parent wristband and Baby monitor resume their connection.
- If you go away, you can easily take the sleek and compact Smart hub with you and connect it to a secure local Wi-Fi, to use your monitor wherever you are.
Bluebell’s Baby monitor is designed to be used from birth to up to 2 years of age.
The Parent wristband
- As we know you've already got your hands full, the Parent wristband provides a more convenient and reliable way of monitoring. Visual and vibrating alerts mean you'll never miss an alert, wherever you are.
- Plus, parents need looking after too. So it tracks your sleep, steps and activity to understand and support your well-being.
Sharing the Parent wristband
- It can be switched between users for baby monitoring purposes, if needed.
- But if you want to monitor your sleep and activity then, to keep it consistent, it’s better if only one parent wears it or you alternate for a long period of time.
Getting partners, babysitters, family members, etc. involved
- Anyone can download their own version of the app and you can add them into your family account, to share the care of your baby without needing the Parent wristband.
- As the primary account owner, you can add and delete those who are no longer involved in the baby’s care (e.g. if a nanny leaves).
Very low radiation
- The Baby monitor has very low radiation and is approved as safe to use.
- We've also worked to reduce radiation levels by using Thread technology which lets it “sleep” when not sending information.
- Both the Baby monitor and Parent wristband have fully enclosed, water resistant casing (with IP67 rating, which means it is protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes).
- You should probably avoid submerging it in water though.
Information is kept safe and secure
- The Baby monitor, Parent wristband and Smart hub form a closed, secure, encrypted network when you first set them up.
- The Smart hub sends encrypted data to the cloud, where it is stored using an in-built, secure system. And the cloud only sends encrypted data securely to the Mobile app.
- The monitor provides reliable connectivity over long distances up to 30 meters.
- It uses Thread technology, like other smart home devices. This offers a longer range (up to 60 meters) reliable and secure network to keep the Baby monitor and Parent wristband connected safely and reliably without a Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection.
Because it isn't just a baby monitor. It monitors baby's breathing, temperature, crying, position, sleep and gives you real-time alerts on these - that's the monitoring part. But it also lets you track and follow your baby's routine, creates the perfect sleep environment with a gentle night light, lullabies/white noise and temperature and noise monitoring and gives you plenty of analysis and guidance. Plus it's also the only monitor out there that looks after parents too, with sleep, step and mood tracking for you!
It's a smart system controlled through an app that combines multiple products in one for you and your little one, making parenting so much simpler. So, if you think about it, by combining products that you'll need for your baby, you're actually saving money (and shopping time) by buying Bluebell. Let's break it down:
- A wearable breathing monitor - £155
- HD camera with nightvision - £35
- A standard audio/video monitor - £48
- Night light with temperature monitor - £30
- Lullaby and white noise player - £35
- Fitness tracker for you - £65
All of those products combined will have you spending a lot more than you would on Bluebell, and they still don't give you all of the features that our monitor does.
Rather than spending £350+ and wasting time shopping around, you can order your Bluebell monitor right now - so simple! And you have 45 days to return for any reason, so what have you got to lose?
Bluebell was designed to support new parents day to day with lots of features practical features. Bluebell monitors more, so you worry less. With breathing and temperature monitoring, Bluebell lets you know if your baby's breathing or temperature goes outside their normal range with an alert to the app or parent wristband. If your baby rolls onto their tummy, Bluebell will alert you so you are able to roll them back and if they are crying, the monitor will pick up the noise and let you know through the app or wristband that they are crying.
Other lovely features include being able to track your baby's routine including nappy changes and feeds allowing you to set reminders too. Bluebell tracks your baby's sleep so you know how much sleep they are getting day and night and the unique parent wristband vibrates to alert you if needed, but allows you to track your steps, sleep and wellbeing. So many great features, all able to be switched off if needed, so fully customisable to what you need as a parent. The Bluebell HD camera is an added feature to allow you to see your baby through the app and if you need to, you can talk to your baby and soothe them from anywhere
Tried and tested
- The lightweight and soft nature of the device means that it will not be likely to irritate your baby or get in the way.
- We have tested the Baby monitor with babies at different ages, including babies older than one year, who at times slept on their tummy. We did not observe any discomfort experienced by the babies we monitored.
Soft, safe materials
- The Baby monitor is made using materials that follow the regulations of baby products that come in contact with baby’s skin to reduce the chance of any skin allergies or hypersensitivity.
- If your baby does develop skin sensitivity or a red friction mark where the Baby monitor comes into contact with their skin, it can be worn on the second layer of clothing over a thin inner layer until the sensitivity subsides. It will continue to monitor breathing, orientation, sleep and activity even when worn over a thin layer of clothing (as long as the clothing is NOT loose).
- You could also change the position of the Baby monitor slightly so that it doesn't come into contact with a sensitive area.
- The Baby monitor attachment is designed to be super secure (if attached properly).
- Don't worry if it does come loose - the Bluebell system detects that it is not being worn by baby and alerts you.
- We know that parents will be prepping for baby long before they're due, so you love it or return it within 45 day guarantee won't start until you start using your monitor.
- So, you can return for any reason within 45 days of the first use of your system (so hold off setting up until baby arrives, or just before they arrive!).
Bluebell is the only monitor that offers a unique parent wristband. The wristband is worn by parents and provides vibrational alerts for changes in breathing and temperature and also for baby rolling on their tummy or crying. The wristband vibrations make it a very popular choice with deaf parents as the vibration alerts let parents know when their baby needs them where traditional video monitors require constant viewing. Bluebell provides peace of mind to many deaf families and the ability to set vibrational reminders for themselves as part of managing their baby's routine.
The Lullaby Trust recommends that baby's are put to sleep on their backs. There is substantial evidence from around the world to show that sleeping your baby on their back at the beginning of every sleep or nap (day and night) significantly reduces the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). The Bluebell monitor recognises when your baby rolls onto their tummy and will alert you to your app or wristband so you can roll your baby onto their back. For more advice from The Lullaby Trust go here: https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/sleeping-position/
Young babies need constant supervision for their safety. Safe sleep guidelines from bodies like Lullaby Trust, NHS, American Academy of Paediatrics recommend that your baby sleeps in the same room as you/parent/carer for the first 6 months. Many parents choose to keep their baby in their room for longer than that but others may choose to move baby into their own room at around 6 months. It is important that baby's cot allows for good ventilation and that the room does not get too hot. A Bluebell monitor will measure the room temperature so you know if it becomes too warm or similarly too cool. Baby should always be placed with their feet to the end of the cot and without loose blankets which can be a health hazzard. Many parents find baby sleeping bags useful to keep them warm and toasty throughout the night. Creating a soothing sleeping environment is essential and the addition of a nightlight is a good idea. Using the Bluebell monitor, you have an adjustable night light build into the hub, along with lovely lullabies to soothe your little one to sleep. Be sure that cables and wires are clear of the cot, including ropes for blinds and curtains to ensure your baby is safe at all times.
Bluebell is not a medical device. It is not intended for use as a medical device or to replace a medical device. It does not and is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate or prevent any disease or health condition or investigate, replace or modify any physiological process. The baby monitor is only intended to assist you in tracking your baby’s wellbeing, not to replace you as a caregiver. You are responsible for the health and wellbeing of your baby and following safe sleep, health, and care guidelines. Bluebell can pick up external movements and it is therefore not suitable for co-sleeping or bed-sharing or next-to-me cots. It is advisable not to use the Baby monitor when the baby is in motion, e.g. in a car seat or a stroller.